HIATUS. HIATUS. HIATUS. HIATUS. HIATUS.

Monday, May 7, 2012

Book Review: Delirium


Title: Delirium
Author: Lauren Oliver (Website | Blog | Twitter)
Series: Delirium #1
Publisher: Harper Collins
Published date: February 7th 2012
Pages: 470 pages
Format: Paperback
Rating: 4/5 Noodles

From Goodreads:
THEY SAY that the cure for Love will make me happy and safe forever. And I've always believe them. Until now. Now everything has changed.
Now, I'd rather be infected with love for the tiniest
sliver of a second than live a hundred years
smothered by a lie.
****
Honestly, I've snob this book because the cover is so feminine. But I've read many good reviews about this book and, that makes me curious about this book. A world where love is treated as a disease is interesting. 

In the beginning, Lena always trusted the government. She follows all the things that the government wants. She believed that the love is the deadliest of deadly things. But when Alex comes along, she started to disobey the government. She started to break the curfew, she started to question everything.

I liked Lena. She's weak at first but when Alex showed her the truth, she became strong and ready to do anything for love. Alex played a big role in this book. He was a strong character and he has strong personality. Characters are unforgettable, and that's what I'm looking for. Characters that will stay in my heart.

The book ends with a bang. The ending will tell you to read the next book and enjoy it again. 

Overall, the book isn't that unique. Some ideas are like the ideas from Matched. But still, this is great book full of twists and everything. If you haven't read this, yet, go to the bookstore and go buy it and read it. :)

Favortie Quote/s:
“I love you. Remember. They cannot take it.” 
“You can't be happy unless you're unhappy sometimes."
“I guess that’s just part of loving people: You have to give things up. Sometimes you even have to give them up.” 
“Love: It will kill you and save you, both” 

2 comments:

  1. Oeh, I love the quotes you've chosen! That really makes me curious about this book :) I've read so many raving reviews, I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete