HIATUS. HIATUS. HIATUS. HIATUS. HIATUS.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #3


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Earth Girl
Earth Girl by Janet Edwards
Expected publication: August 15th 2012 by Harper Voyager
2788. Only the handicapped live on Earth. While everyone else portals between worlds, 18-year-old Jarra is among the one in a thousand people born with an immune system that cannot survive on other planets. Sent to Earth at birth to save her life, she has been abandoned by her parents. She can’t travel to other worlds, but she can watch their vids, and she knows all the jokes they make. She’s an ‘ape’, a ‘throwback’, but this is one ape girl who won’t give in.

Jarra invents a fake background for herself – as a normal child of Military parents – and joins a class of norms that is on Earth to excavate the ruins of the old cities. When an ancient skyscraper collapses, burying another research team, Jarra’s role in their rescue puts her in the spotlight. No hiding at back of class now. To make life more complicated, she finds herself falling in love with one of her classmates – a norm from another planet. Somehow, she has to keep the deception going.

A freak solar storm strikes the atmosphere, and the class is ordered to portal off-world for safety – no problem for a real child of military parents, but fatal for Jarra. The storm is so bad that the crews of the orbiting solar arrays have to escape to planet below: the first landing from space in 600 years. And one is on collision course with their shelter.

Elemental
 Elemental by Anthony John
Expected publication: November 21st 2012 by Dial 
A mysterious and powerful fantasy adventure from a Schneider Award winner

In the near future, most of the population of the United States has been destroyed by the plague. The few remaining survivors live in colonies on the barrier islands off the East Coast. In one colony near Cape Hatteras, almost all the members have elemental powers and can control wind, water, earth, and fire. All but sixteen-year-old Thomas. When the Guardians, the powerful adult leaders, are kidnapped by pirates seeking to take over their colony, it is up to Thomas and a small group of teens to save them and preserve the mysteries of the island.

Fast action, strategy, and mystery churn together into a bold and fresh fantasy from an award-winning author.

False Memory (False Memory, #1)
False Memory by Dan Krokos
Expected publication: September 11th 2012 by Margaret K. McElderry

Miranda wakes up alone on a park bench with no memory. In her panic, she releases a mysterious energy that incites pure terror in everyone around her. Except Peter, a boy who isn't at all surprised by Miranda's shocking ability.
Left with no choice but to trust this stranger, Miranda discovers she was trained to be a weapon and is part of an elite force of genetically-altered teens who possess flawless combat skills and powers strong enough to destroy a city. But adjusting to her old life isn't easy--especially with Noah, the boyfriend she can't remember loving. Then Miranda uncovers a dark truth that sets her team on the run. Suddenly her past doesn't seem to matter...when there may not be a future.
Dan Krokos' debut is a tour-de-force of non-stop action that will leave readers begging for the next book in this bold and powerful new series.

All of these books sounds really interesting! I can't wait to read these books! :D

14 comments:

  1. I'm dying for Earth Girl!!! I featured it a few weeks ago!!! It sounds amazing. A girl stuck on earth because she can't survive on other planets. But she lies and says she can but will need to leave the planet! False Memory sounds cool. I love amnesia books.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these awesome titles! I added Earth Girl to my list!

    My Wow this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New Follower! Thank you so much for dropping by my blog, Gimme The Scoop! I have just had to go add all 3 of these to my tbr list! All sound so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Earth Girl really seems interesting, I haven't heard of it before so it's always good to find new books to add to my list. Here's my Wow
    Check out my Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower, I really want all three of these especially False Memory, great picks, my WOW

    http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday_08.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all new titles to me. Elemental's cover is awesome! Earth Girl is different from what I normally read, but sounds very interesting!

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Earth Girl sounds really good and I haven't heard of it until now! I'm definitely adding it to my wishlist! Great picks this week :) Check out my WOW:

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous covers! And they all sounds awesome :D I hope you'll love them all :) Great picks ;)
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. Earth Girl sounds so, SO amazing, and omg False Memory is one I've been dying to read ever since it sold. gah! so many amazing books, too little time to read them all!

    great picks. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. All three sound like winners - going to add them to the TBR and see what the reviewers say - great summaries - great find!

    My WoW

    @TCAbn The Motley Chronicles

    ReplyDelete
  11. All three books sound totally awesome, but I'm definitely the most excited for False Memory! I NEED THAT BOOK NOWWWW. Haha! Fab choices!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great picks!! I keep seeing False Memory and Elemental everywhere. I'm getting pumped up. Even Earth Girl sounds fantastic. All 3 are elevated to my wishlist! :D Thanks for stopping by my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't think I had heard of any of these, so my wishlist thanks you! :) Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great picks! I havent heard of any of these yet but I definitely will check them out! They all sound awesome! Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ReplyDelete