HIATUS. HIATUS. HIATUS. HIATUS. HIATUS.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #6


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Midnight City (The Conquered Earth, #1)
Midnight City by J. Barton Mitchell
Expected publication: October 30th 2012 by St. Martin's Griffin
In a post-apocalyptic world controlled by alien invaders, two teens and a young girl with mysterious powers embark on a dangerous journey. What they find will change everything...

Earth has been conquered. An extraterrestrial race known as The Assembly has abducted the adult population, leaving the planet's youth to fend for themselves. In this treacherous landscape, Holt, a bounty hunter, is transporting his prisoner Mira when they discover Zoey, a young girl with powerful abilities who could be the key to stopping The Assembly. As they make their way to the cavernous metropolis of Midnight City, the trio must contend with freedom fighters, mutants, otherworldly artifacts, pirates, feuding alien armies, and perhaps most perilous of all: Holt and Mira's growing attraction to each other.

Midnight City is the breathtaking first novel in the Conquered Earth series, and a stunning work of imagination from debut author J. Barton Mitchell.

Nerve
 Nerve by Jeanne Ryan
Expected publication: September 13th 2012 by Dial Books (Penguin)
A high-stakes online game of dares turns deadly

When Vee is picked to be a player in NERVE, an anonymous game of dares broadcast live online, she discovers that the game knows her. They tempt her with prizes taken from her ThisIsMe page and team her up with the perfect boy, sizzling-hot Ian. At first it’s exhilarating—Vee and Ian’s fans cheer them on to riskier dares with higher stakes. But the game takes a twisted turn when they’re directed to a secret location with five other players for the Grand Prize round. Suddenly they’re playing all or nothing, with their lives on the line. Just how far will Vee go before she loses NERVE?

Debut author Jeanne Ryan delivers an un-putdownable suspense thriller.
All of these books sounds really interesting! I can't wait to read these books! :D

24 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to Nerve. I have not heard of Midnight City but it sounds really good. Nice picks!

    My WoW
    http://areaderintime.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday_30.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what great Pics! I'll keep a look out for these!
    MYWOW
    Happy WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks! both sound really interesting.

    My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-30th-may.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot wait for Nerve! And I love alien movies, so alien in book form is double great!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, they are really great covers! But they sounds interesting, too. I hope you'll enjoy once they get out! Thanks for sharing! My WoW this week

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love your picks this week! I am not familiar with both of them but they sound fantastic. :D

    Come stop by my WOW? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nerve is already on my list but I hadn't heard of the first one. It sounds awesome! Two great picks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen either of these yet- great picks! I can't decide which I like better.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard of either of these books before. Nerve's cover is positively fantastic!

    I think I'll skip Midnight City, though. I have a Zoey curse. Once or twice or three times is coincidence, but it stops being coincidence and becomes a curse when you read ten books with characters named Zoe/Zoey/other variations in them and you hate all ten books without exception.

    Thank you for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm looking forward to Nerve too. I haven't heard of Midnight City but it sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard of these two until now - both are very intersting, will have to keep an eye out for them! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These really look great, especially the second. It sounds a little like Erebos by Ursula Poznanski from its setup. Great picks!

    Thank you for stopping by at BookVenturers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The sound like interesting picks, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday_30.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, these are two quite different books and I think they sound really interesting - definitely two that I'll be adding to my TBR pile! Thanks for pointing them out :)

    Steph @ Stepping Out of the Page

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nerve has been popping up everywhere lately! It looks so good! Thanks for sharing =)

    Here's my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great picks! I haven't heard of them yet but they sound really good. Definitely going to check them out.

    Thanks for stopping by my post!
    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two great picks! Especially Nerve. Sounds fascinating :D Thanks for sharing!

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh, wow, both of these sound FANTASTIC! adding them to my tbr pile. don't you just love both of their covers?! love love love! :D

    thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are both new to me. I especially like the Midnight City. Love alien stories. Great choices. Thanks for coming by!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are both new to me. Both sound good. Thanks for stopping by my wow:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Okay Midnight City looks awesome! Apocalyptic and aliens look so cool. Great picks :)

    My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! Both of these sound great! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Midnight City sounds fantastic and looks beautiful, will be looking for that when it hits the shops. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've seen Nerve around and am always so drawn in by the cover - so evocative. And then the premise sounds amazing too, so much suspense and scariness! I'm definitely anticipating that one too, there are so many questions I have. Great picks, and thanks for stopping by my post!

    ReplyDelete