HIATUS. HIATUS. HIATUS. HIATUS. HIATUS.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #4


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Erasing Time
Erasing Time by C.J. Hill
Expected publication: August 28th 2012 by Katherine Tegen Books
In this high-action and romantic futuristic adventure, there is no escape from the future for two contemporary girls pulled out of their own time.

When twins Sheridan and Taylor wake up 400 years in the future, they find a changed world: domed cities, no animals, and a language that’s so different, it barely sounds like English. And the worst news: They can’t go back home.

The twenty-fifth-century government transported the girls to their city hoping to find a famous scientist to help perfect a devastating new weapon. The moblike Dakine fights against the government, and somehow Taylor and Sheridan find themselves in the middle. The only way to elude them all is to trust Echo, a guy with secrets of his own. The trio must put their faith in the unknown to make a harrowing escape into the wilds beyond the city.

Full of adrenaline-injected chases and heartbreaking confessions, Erasing Time explores the strength of the bonds between twins, the risks and rewards of trust, and the hard road to finding the courage to fight for what you believe in.

Breathe (Breathe, #1)
 Breathe by Sarah Crossan
Expected publication: October 2nd 2012 by Greenwillow
Inhale. Exhale. Breathe. Breathe. Breathe . . .

The world is dead.
The survivors live under the protection of Breathe, the corporation that found a way to manufacture oxygen-rich air.

ALINA
has been stealing for a long time. She’s a little jittery, but not terrified. All she knows is that she’s never been caught before. If she’s careful, it’ll be easy. If she’s careful.

QUINN
should be worried about Alina and a bit afraid for himself, too, but even though this is dangerous, it’s also the most interesting thing to happen to him in ages. It isn’t every day that the girl of your dreams asks you to rescue her.

BEA
wants to tell him that none of this is fair; they’d planned a trip together, the two of them, and she’d hoped he’d discover her out here, not another girl.

And as they walk into the Outlands with two days’ worth of oxygen in their tanks, everything they believe will be shattered. Will they be able to make it back? Will they want to?

Velveteen (Velveteen, #1)
Velveteen by Daniel Marks
Expected publication: October 9th 2012 by Random House Children's Books

Velveteen Monroe is dead. At 16, she was kidnapped and murdered by a madman named Bonesaw. But that's not the problem.

The problem is she landed in purgatory. And while it's not a fiery inferno, it's certainly no heaven. It's gray, ashen, and crumbling more and more by the day, and everyone has a job to do. Which doesn't leave Velveteen much time to do anything about what's really on her mind.


Bonesaw.


Velveteen aches to deliver the bloody punishment her killer deserves. And she's figured out just how to do it. She'll haunt him for the rest of his days. 

It'll be brutal . . . and awesome.

But crossing the divide between the living and the dead has devastating consequences. Velveteen's obsessive haunting cracks the foundations of purgatory and jeopardizes her very soul. A risk she's willing to take—except fate has just given her reason to stick around: an unreasonably hot and completely off-limits coworker.


Velveteen can't help herself when it comes to breaking rules . . . or getting revenge. And she just might be angry enough to take everyone down with her.

All of these books sounds really interesting! I can't wait to read these books! :D

20 comments:

  1. The second and third are fairly popular WOW picks, but I haven't heard of Erasing Time before! Sounds sooo good.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breathe is supposed to be my WoW next week. You beat me to it! ;) Erasing Time was new to me though and it sounds fantastic! Great picks! :D

    Care to stop by my WoW?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erasing Time is new to me and it sounds awesome!!! Thanks for sharing, and for stopping by my wow:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh, seems like awesome books :D And gorgeous covers. <3 hope you'll love them all :D Great picks ;)
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen Breathe around quite a bit. I absolutely adore the cover!! The others are new to me. Thanks for sharing! :)

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've already added Velveteen to my tbr, but the other two sounds just as awesome! I'll have another look into them and then decide.
    Thanks for sharing, here's my WoW this week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erasing Time and Velveteen look awesome {I've seen bits about Velveteen here and there on other blogs and Goodreads}. Thanks for sharing!

    I'd love it if you stopped by and checked out my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Erasing Time is new to me, and definitely sounds interesting! I'll be adding that one to my TBR list. I also just finished reading Velveteen (Netgalley) and LOVED IT! All great choices!!

    Courtney @ Fuzzy.Coffee.Books <--My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome WoW picks. They all look really interesting. Adding them to my Goodreads. =]
    Thanks for sharing and visiting My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Wow indeed! These books sound like movies!


    P.S. We have 3 giveaways happening in our blog, drop by if you have time :)
    Talk Supe WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Erasing Time is more in line with my preferred reading but Velveteen sounds dark and witty. Going to add both - great picks!

    My WoW

    @TCAbn The Motley Chronicles

    ReplyDelete
  12. These all sound great! I'm especially looking forward to Velveteen.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooh, all great picks! I've already read Velveteen and liked it. It wasn't what I was expecting, but definitely interesting. Can't wait for Breathe and Erasing Time. I LOVE the covers and summaries of them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. O wow! I actually have all three on my TBR. They just look so awesome and their premises are really interesting.

    Love your picks for this week!

    Thanks for stopping by my "Waiting on" Wednesday post.

    Janus @ The Blair Book Project

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! 3 absolutely fantastic picks :D I hadn't heard of Erasing Time, but it is now added to my TBR list!

    New Follower! :)
    Claire Reads WoW

    ReplyDelete
  16. All great picks! Velveteen is definitely on my must-read list!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE your picks! I can't wait to be able to check these out too - thank you for sharing, they are definitely being added to my TBR list! :)

    Here's mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've only heard about Velveteen and JUST-CAN'T-WAIT!! The other two I haven't heard about before, now I will definitely check them out! :)

    Thanks for sharing, and thanks for stopping by!

    Monaliz @ Mind Reading?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Breathe and Velveteen are both on my wish list as well. Great picks :) Here is WoW pick if you want to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Erasing Time sounds specially intriguing, since I'm a twin myself. Great choices! :D

    ReplyDelete