HIATUS. HIATUS. HIATUS. HIATUS. HIATUS.

Friday, June 1, 2012

Book Review: The Rock of Ivanore

The Rock of Ivanore
Title: The Rock of Ivanore (Goodreads)
Author: Laurisa White Reyes (Website | Blog | Facebook | Twitter)
Series: The Celestine Chronicles #1
Publisher: Tanglewood Press
Published date: May 15th 2012
Pages: 359 pages
Format: E-arc from Netgalley
Rating: 4/5 Noodles

From Goodreads:
The annual Great Quest is about to be announced in Quendel, a task that will determine the future of Marcus and the other boys from the village who are coming of age. The wizard Zyll commands them to find the Rock of Ivanore, but he doesn't tell them what the Rock is exactly or where it can be found. Marcus must reach deep within himself to develop new powers of magic and find the strength to survive the wild lands and fierce enemies he encounters as he searches for the illusive Rock. If he succeeds, he will live a life of honor; if he fails, he will live a life of menial labor in shame. With more twists and turns than a labyrinth, and a story in which nothing is as it seems, this tale of deception and discovery keeps readers in suspense until the end.

Middle readers will find that The Rock of Ivanore fits nicely among the traditional fantasies they so enjoy. They will also appreciate its fresh and inventive take on the genre.
****
I really enjoyed this awesome book. This is really awesome.

First of all, the characters are really great. Marcus and the company was very likeable. Each of them has their own great personality. Xerxes was really unique character, for me. I think the best character was Bryn. I almost cried when he sacrificed his own life for his friends. Oh. :(

Writing style was really great. The story is full of adventure. Adventures started from first page and end in the last page. Swords, magic, dragons, oh my! I really enjoyed this book.

Overall, this book is really awesome. The ending was really unexpected, Laurisa Reyes pulled a great twist in the end. I'm really happy that they include the excerpt from book 2. I can't wait to read the book 2. :))
Favorite Quotes:
 "Kelvin held out his hand to Bryn, but Bryn did not take it. For a moment Kelvin hesitated, not knowing how to respond should his apology be rejected. But when Bryn stepped forward and embraced him, it was clear that Kelvin had been forgiven."
"But some things are worth dying for."
"They would die for those things most dear to them. Theirs would be a worthy sacrifice, indeed. "



Be sure to enter my 50 Followers Giveaway :)

8 comments:

  1. Oh my! I love adventure stories!

    I'm a new follower! Congrats on getting 50 followers :D Hope you reach 100 soon!

    Click here to go to my giveaway. I'm having a few awesome YA fantasy novels up for grabs!

    I'll be staying tuned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you love adventure stories, you should read this awesome book.

      Thanks, Sel! :D

      Delete
  2. I've been trying to look for good fantasy fiction/adventures stories to read for ages! Loads of blogs don't review them though, so I'm so glad that you did this one. I am totally going to read this :)

    The quotes are beautiful (I really love the first one) :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the fact that ... dies not a spoiler? It does look like a great book! The cover is sweet. I'm going to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Mel! It's a great book so I think you should check it out. It's really good. :D

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for reading The Rock of Ivanore. I really enjoyed your review and will link it to my blog and website. :)

    ReplyDelete