HIATUS. HIATUS. HIATUS. HIATUS. HIATUS.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #7


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Falling Kingdoms (Falling Kingdoms, #1)
Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
Expected publication: December 11th 2012 by Razorbill
In a land where magic has been forgotten but peace has reigned for centuries, a deadly unrest is simmering. Three kingdoms grapple for power—brutally transforming their subjects’ lives in the process. Amidst betrayals, bargains, and battles, four young people find their fates forever intertwined:

Cleo: A princess raised in luxury must embark on a rough and treacherous journey into enemy territory in search of a magic long thought extinct.

Jonas: Enraged at injustice, a rebel lashes out against the forces of oppression that have kept his country impoverished—and finds himself the leader of a people’s revolution centuries in the making.

Lucia: A girl adopted at birth into a royal family discovers the truth about her past—and the supernatural legacy she is destined to wield.

Magnus: Bred for aggression and trained to conquer, a firstborn son begins to realize that the heart can be more lethal than the sword...

The only outcome that’s certain is that kingdoms will fall. Who will emerge triumphant when all they know has collapsed?

Black City (Black City Chronicles, #1)
 Black City by Elizabeth Richards
Expected publication: November 13th 2012 by G.P. Putnam's Sons BYR
A dark and tender post-apocalyptic love story set in the aftermath of a bloody war. In a city where humans and Darklings are now separated by a high wall and tensions between the two races still simmer after a terrible war, sixteen-year-olds Ash Fisher, a half-blood Darkling, and Natalie Buchanan, a human and the daughter of the Emissary, meet and do the unthinkable--they fall in love. Bonded by a mysterious connection that causes Ash's long-dormant heart to beat, Ash and Natalie first deny and then struggle to fight their forbidden feelings for each other, knowing if they're caught, they'll be executed--but their feelings are too strong. When Ash and Natalie then find themselves at the center of a deadly conspiracy that threatens to pull the humans and Darklings back into war, they must make hard choices that could result in both their deaths.
Don't forget to leave your WoW links! ;D


Be sure to enter my 50 Followers Giveaway :)

36 comments:

  1. I'm waiting on both of these as well! I featured Falling Kingdoms awhile ago. I love that author and the book sounds awesome. Black City and the whole darkling idea sounds really interesting!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to read Black City for a while now, that cover is incredible! Falling Kingdoms sounds good too! Nice Picks!

    MY WOW!

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wanting to read Black City also! :) Very good pick this week! Thanks for sharing.

    Check out my Waiting on Wednesday :)
    Tabby @Insightful Minds & IM Design Studio

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really looking forward to Black City. Falling Kingdoms sounds so good. Adding it to my tbr list.

    My WoW
    http://areaderintime.blogspot.com/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow. Falling Kingdoms sounds amazing! Like, really amazing. Adding it to be tbr list!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both books have been on my wishlist for months! And Falling Kingdoms really sounds interesting. Great picks! :)

    Check out my WoW picks this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am dyyyyyying for Black City! I hear great things about it, plus that cover - I want that on my shelf just for the beauty!

    Great pick :)
    My WoW | Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both these books sound pretty awesome. I love the cover of Black City and I'm really intrigued by Falling Kingdoms. :)

    Great picks !

    My WoW
    http://nicksbookblog93.blogspot.com/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday-21-valkyrie-rising.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both great picks! I really want these, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are both books that I am looking forward to reading too. And I love the cover for Falling Kingdoms. Thanks for stopping by my WoW. New Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never heard of Falling Kingdoms but now that I have it will be going on the TBR. Black City is definitely one I'm waiting on as well.

    Thanks so much for stopping by My WoW and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hm. Not really my type of reads, but I like the covers.

    Thanks for stopping by,
    @ Livin' Life Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  13. Falling Kingdom looks so good! Just added it to my TBR. Thanks for sharing! And thanks for stopping by too. :)

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Edward!

    Thank you so much for dropping by and commenting on my WOW!!

    I LOVE your choices! I featured "Falling Kingdoms" on my WOW three weeks ago, so I'm waiting on that one, too! I've never heard of "Black City", but it sounds terrific, so I'm adding it to my TBR, as well! Thanks for featuring both of these!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to read both of these too! Very good picks :)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    New follower~

    Kim @ A Dutchie on Books

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two great intriguing choices, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm waiting on Black City, too. Great picks!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome Wow picks. I have seen Falling Kingdoms before and I really can't wait to read it. Black City looks interesting as well. Thanks for sharing and Visiting my WoW. =]

    ReplyDelete
  19. Woah...both of these titles already got me hooked! They make me want to flash forward (fast!) into winter with a snuggly blanket, a cup of tea and LOTS of time! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great picks! Those covers are gorgeous! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    New follower ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the sound and cover of Black City! Thanks for stopping by. :D

    ComaCalm's WoW Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm eagerly waiting for both of these too! I love the cover of Black City and both of their synopsis make it harder to wait for.

    Great picks! =D

    My WoW:http://wishingonashootingstarreviews.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. OOoh those both look interesting!! Think I've seen them around too! Awesome picks!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm especially interested in Black City - I love post-apocalyptic fiction & the cover's beautiful. Great picks c:

    My WoW if you want to check it out c:

    ReplyDelete
  25. Both of these sound fantastic! I'll definitely have to add them to my TBR list. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by!

    New Follower :)
    Wendy @ Escape Into Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  26. Loving these picks. They look really cool. Awesome covers, too.

    Thanks for sharing & for stopping by my post :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm definitely waiting on Black City! I have just been wanting to read that for so very long now. And I adore the cover to it! It just pops. I have never heard of Falling Kingdoms but, wow! The cover is kick-ass. The summary is super intriguing. I have to add this to my TBR list too :) Thanks for sharing.

    Thanks for stopping by too <3
    Jessirae @ Words, Pages, and Books

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gosh, I'm so excited about both of these, especially Black City - I can't get over that awesome cover!

    Great picks this week. : )

    Thanks for stopping by The Daily Bookmark!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  29. Those are both great picks! I'm really excited for both of them (I have to join the chorus and say especially Black City). My wishlist pile is starting to groan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great picks! I'm looking forward to Black City too. I absolutely love the cover :P Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    - Kim
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ahhh I am so excited for both of these books!! I LOVE the cover of Black City..can't wait to read it :)

    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gosh, these look GREAT. I wanna read both. Really into epic fantasy now.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh my gosh, I can't WAIT for these books! They both sound so so so amazing and I've been craving them since the moment I first saw them! Fantastic picks and thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. i really want to read black city also. great picks and thanks for stopping by our WoW. :)

    -michelle
    http://booksandmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I am so excited about reading Black City! This is my first time seeing Falling Kingdoms, thanks for sharing. Great picks.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Yes to Black City! I am so sad that I was not able to get a copy of this from BEA yesterday! I love everything about it, the cover is gorgeous! I can't wait to read it too!

    ReplyDelete