HIATUS. HIATUS. HIATUS. HIATUS. HIATUS.

Friday, June 8, 2012

Book Review: Partials

Partials (Partials, #1)
Title: Partials (Goodreads)
Author: Dan Wells (Website | Twitter)
Series: Partials #1
Publisher: HarperCollins
Published date: March 1st 2012
Pages: 470 pages
Format: Paperback
Rating: 4/5 Noodles

From Goodreads:
The human race is all but extinct after a war with Partials—engineered organic beings identical to humans—has decimated the population. Reduced to only tens of thousands by RM, a weaponized virus to which only a fraction of humanity is immune, the survivors in North America have huddled together on Long Island while the Partials have mysteriously retreated. The threat of the Partials is still imminent, but, worse, no baby has been born immune to RM in more than a decade. Our time is running out.

Kira, a sixteen-year-old medic-in-training, is on the front lines of this battle, seeing RM ravage the community while mandatory pregnancy laws have pushed what’s left of humanity to the brink of civil war, and she’s not content to stand by and watch. But as she makes a desperate decision to save the last of her race, she will find that the survival of humans and Partials alike rests in her attempts to uncover the connections between them—connections that humanity has forgotten, or perhaps never even knew were there.

Dan Wells, acclaimed author of I Am Not a Serial Killer, takes readers on a pulsepounding journey into a world where the very concept of what it means to be human is in question—one where our humanity is both our greatest liability and our only hope for survival.
****
It's really hard to write a review if the book is really great. Sitting in front of my computer, think what to say about this awesome book. Honestly, I bought this book because I can't find a copy of Insurgent. Yes, my money for that time is for Insurgent, but I'm really happy that I bought this book because it's a great book. 

Dan Wells made a really great dystopian world. A world where babies don't survive because of a virus. A world where 99% of population gone. A world where there's a determined girl named Kira. A girl who's willing to do anything to save her world.

First of all, the characters. Kira is a really great protagonist. Her determination on saving the baby of her adopted sister, Madison and not only Madison's but all the babies made her a great character, a hero. I also like Marcus because he's willing to help Kira, but at first he didn't support Kira's decision and he's funny. I just hate Haru. He's so confident, and I don't know I just hate him. XD 

I really enjoy the 'science touch' of Partials (Science is my favorite subject, especially Biology). But there are some moments that the 'science touch' made me crazy (lol!) but it's really amazing.

The ending almost kill me. The twist and everything about it made me crazy. Gahd, I can't wait to read the next book. I'm really curious what will happen to Kira and Marcus. Oh, book 2 please answer all my questions.
Favorite Quotes:
“Happiness is the most natural thing in the world when you have it, and the slowest, strangest, most impossible thing when you don't. It's like learning a foreign language: You can think about the words all you want, but you'll never be able to speak it until you suck up your courage and say them out loud.”  
“Each life has a different purpose, and some people can find their purpose more easily than others. The key, the most important thing you can ever know, is that whatever your purpose is, that's not your only choice"
"No matter why you're here, no matter why any of us are here, you're never tied down to fate. You're never locked in. You make your own choices, Kira, and you can't let anyone ever take that away from you.” 
“I am stronger than my trials.”  
“Life comes from death, and weakness teaches us strength.”
 
Oh, look at that super awesome trailer. :))



Be sure to enter my 50 Followers Giveaway :)

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked it! I haven't read it yet, but I really want to. And your review makes me want to read it even more. I love great female leads. I'm also a big science nerd so I'll probably really dig this. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read it soon and be amazed in the world of Partials. Thank you, Krista! :D

      Delete
  2. Eeee this book looks so goood! I want it right now. It looks kick ass x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of those books that has grown on me. I wasn't sure how much I liked it when I finished it but the more I mull it over the more I love it. Can't wait for future installments.

    ReplyDelete