HIATUS. HIATUS. HIATUS. HIATUS. HIATUS.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #8


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Crewel (The Crewel World, #1)
Crewel by Gennifer Albin
Expected publication: October 16th 2012 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux Books for Young Readers
Incapable. Awkward. Artless.

That’s what the other girls whisper behind her back. But sixteen year-old Adelice Lewys has a secret: she wants to fail.

Gifted with the ability to weave time with matter, she’s exactly what the Guild is looking for, and in the world of Arras, being chosen as a Spinster is everything a girl could want. It means privilege, eternal beauty, and being something other than a secretary. It also means the power to embroider the very fabric of life. But if controlling what people eat, where they live and how many children they have is the price of having it all, Adelice isn’t interested.

Not that her feelings matter, because she slipped and wove a moment at testing, and they’re coming for her—tonight.

Now she has one hour to eat her mom’s overcooked pot roast. One hour to listen to her sister’s academy gossip and laugh at her Dad’s stupid jokes. One hour to pretend everything’s okay. And one hour to escape.

Because once you become a Spinster, there’s no turning back.

Level 2 (The Memory Chronicles, #1)
 Level 2 by Lenore Appelhans
Expected publication: January 15th 2013 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Since her untimely death the day before her eighteenth birthday, Felicia Ward has been trapped in Level 2, a stark white afterlife located between our world and the next. Along with her fellow prisoners, Felicia passes the endless hours downloading memories and mourning what she’s lost—family, friends, and the boy she loved, Neil.

Then a girl in a neighboring chamber disappears, and nobody but Felicia seems to recall she existed in the first place. Something is obviously very wrong. When Julian—a dangerously charming guy Felicia knew in life—comes to offer Felicia a way out, she learns the truth: a rebellion is brewing to overthrow the Morati, the guardians of Level 2.

Felicia is reluctant to trust Julian, but then he promises what she wants the most—to be with Neil again—if only she’ll join the rebels. Suspended between Heaven and Earth, Felicia finds herself in the center of an age-old struggle between good and evil. As memories from her life come back to haunt her, and as the Morati hunt her down, Felicia will discover it’s not just her own redemption at stake… but the salvation of all mankind.
Don't forget to leave your WoW links! ;D


Be sure to enter my 50 Followers Giveaway :)

24 comments:

  1. I've seen Level 2 in a lot of waiting on wednesday or IMM post lately it sounds really good ! I might add it to my wishlist on goodreads.
    Thanks for sharing all these books with us !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Level 2! I love the fact that the author is such a great blogger as well :) Crewel sounds like a very intriguing read. Great picks!

    Kim @ A Dutchie on Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome choices. Crewel sounds really good and I'm waiting on Level 2 too.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot wait for both of these to be released! They both sound so interesting, and I am in love with the cover for Crewel. I seriously think it was the first thing that drew me to the book!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Great choices!! I'm more excited for Crewel though, it was actually my WoW choice a couple of weeks ago. The cover is so gorgeous and unique, and the whole premise of the book is amazing and so interesting too! And Level 2 seems great as well. Books about dead people never fail to fascinate me!! :D Awesome sauce choices this week Kari!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crewel sounds interesting. I'm very curious if she will escape becoming a Spinster. Level 2 sounds so creepy and exciting. I like books that take place in the "Between" Thanks for stopping by!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, those are a great books! I really want to them to come out, because they look the best :) Great WoW post! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am very looking forward to both of these, especially Level 2! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blog header is so cute!

    I think I have both of these books on my TBR pile. I'd forgotten about Level 2, though. And I see it has a cover now. Nice picks!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the first I'm hearing about Crewel! I'm adding that one to my TBR! Great picks this week!

    Courtney @ Fuzzy.Coffee.Books

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice picks! They both sound really interesting, and I like Crewel's cover. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i featured level two as my wow pick the other week. i am so EXCITED as well. crewel is on my wishlist as well. awesome picks!!

    My WoW this week.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two great choices, Level Two is a popular pick.

    http://thecharacterconnection.blogspot.com/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sound great!! Great Wow!
    Debs
    Debra's Book Cafe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had this one as my WOW a couple weeks ago cause it looks awesome! Love the cover and the synopsis- double whammy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everyone seems to be waiting on Level 2! Makes me think I should add it to my to-read list. :) I am with you on Crewel, though; I want to read this book SO badly! Great choices this week! Here's my WoW post if you're interested. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. These two seem to be really popular right now, and I agree! I cannot wait to see what Crewel is all about - the cover is so different, unique and amazing! I hope it lives up to everyone expectations :)
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm eagerly waiting to read Level 2 as well. Crewel sounds interesting. Geat picks! =D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Crewel sounds awesome. Like in the mythology about the Fates. I'm reading this thing! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've seen both of these around, especially Crewel. Both of them sound really great! Awesome picks & thanks for stopping by my WoW :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. These both sound really good! And both have really pretty covers :) Awesome picks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am in love with the cover of Crewel! Both of these sounds really great! Awesome pick!
    Here's My WoW
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great picks :D They seem like great books ;)
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  24. These 2 books are definitely under my radar now. Thanks for sharing and visiting my wow post last week. Btw, I like your blog's name. Reminds me of that noodle commercial. :)

    - Mauie (The Traveling Reader)

    ReplyDelete