HIATUS. HIATUS. HIATUS. HIATUS. HIATUS.

Monday, April 23, 2012

Book Review: Mockingjay

Title: Mockingjay
Author: Suzanne Collins ( Website )
Series: The Hunger Games #3
Publisher: Scholastic
Published date: August 24th 2010
Pages: 390 pages
Format: Paperback
Rating: 4/5 Noodles


From Goodreads:
Katniss Everdeen, girl on fire, has survived, even though her home has been destroyed. Gale has escaped. Katniss's family is safe. Peeta has been captured by the Capitol. District 13 really does exist. There are rebels. There are new leaders. A revolution is unfolding.


It is by design that Katniss was rescued from the arena in the cruel and haunting Quarter Quell, and it is by design that she has long been part of the revolution without knowing it. District 13 has come out of the shadows and is plotting to overthrow the Capitol. Everyone, it seems, has had a hand in the carefully laid plains--except Katniss.

 
The success of the rebellion hinges on Katniss's willingness to be a pawn, to accept responsibility for countless lives, and to change the course of the future of Panem. To do this, she must put aside her feelings of anger and distrust. She must become the rebels' Mockingjay--no matter what the personal cost.
****
 THIS REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SOME SPOILERS 

Mockingjay disappoints me maybe because my expectations were too high. Characters change so fast. The first few pages were so boring that made me sleepy, and I can't force myself to stay awake to read this because sleeping is my favorite activity. Hahaha. But still, I really liked this book, there are some scenes that kept me from reading this book. Suzanne Collins knew how to keep the readers reading the book even if the readers need to rest or something. 

I liked Katniss in THG and in Catching Fire because she's a strong person, physically and mentally. She changed a lot in this book. She became weak and I don't understand her feelings. She agreed on having the last Hunger Games and she said it was for the death of her sister, Prim but I don't think that Prim would agree with her.

Rue and Mags were my favorite characters in previous books(The Hunger Games and Catching Fire). Now, Buttercup is my favorite character aside from Katniss and Peeta. I like Buttercup because he stays with Katniss in the end even though the hate each other, and he still love Prim.

I liked how the book ended. No Snow(Yes! Yes!). No Coin. No more Hunger Games(Weeeee! ^_^). I gave 4 noodles for this book because there are some things that disappointed me, but still I enjoyed reading this book. :)



Favorite Quote/s:

“It takes ten times as long to put yourself back together as it does to fall apart.” 
"Fire is catching! And if we burn, you burn with us!” 
“There are much worse games to play.”  
“Some walks you have to take alone.” 

5 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you. I set my expectations too high for this one, and therefore I was slightly disappointed. Great review! I'm a new follower and I currently have a giveaway running on my blog if you'd like to check it out :)

    Rabiah
    Confessions of a Readaholic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lot of readers said that they were disappointed in this book but still the enjoyed it. Hahaha. By the way, thanks for following my blog and by dropping by. Sure, I'll check your giveaway. :)

      Delete
  2. I think that a ton of people felt the same way that you did about this book! Especially since the first two were out-of-this-world amazing x) I find that the beginnings for all three books are a little slower because they have to re-explain the world and everything, but SC definitely has a way of keeping readers reading!

    Awesome review, Edward! I'm glad that you liked this one too, despite the disappointing parts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, Mimi! SC has that magic that keeps the readers reading. Haha XD

      Thank you for reading this, Mimi! I super love your blog. :))

      Delete
  3. I've posted my review not long ago and I can find myself in your review. I loved Katniss in the first book, but here.. What the hell happened to her? I didn't recognized that brave girl anymore and I got a bit bored by her. Also: I expected to much from this book, but overal, it was a bit dragging on. The ending was good, though. I only wished it was different, because I would like to see Katniss alone. I never felt her love for Peeta..

    ReplyDelete