HIATUS. HIATUS. HIATUS. HIATUS. HIATUS.

Friday, April 20, 2012

Book Review: Catching Fire

Title: Catching Fire
Author: Suzanne Collins ( Website )
Series: The Hunger Games #2
Publisher: Scholastic
Published date: March 2010
Pages: 391 pages
Format: Paperback
Rating: 5/5 Noodles


From Goodreads:
Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge. Suzanne Collins continues the amazing story of Katniss Everdeen in Catching Fire, the second novel of the phenomenal Hunger Games trilogy.
****
Oh, I don't know what to say about this book. I'm speechless. This is one of the great books I've ever read. The story took after Katniss and Peeta won the 74th Hunger Games.

The characters became more stronger and more amazing. I'm still in love with Katniss, she is so strong and everything. President Snow is more creepier than the first book. I hate Snow so much, I want to go in Capitol and kill him in front of all people. Haha.

The plot is simply amazing. Full of twists and all. When the Quarter Quell is announced, I was shocked and I can't move on on that part. President Snow is so @!#*!~

I liked Cinna in the first book and I liked him more in this book. The dress of Katniss during the parade is so amazing and her dress during the interview is fvcking awesome! In the 74th Hunger Games, Rue is my favorite tribute but here in 75th Hunger Games, Wiress and Mags are my favorite tributes.

Collins did a great job in making the idea of arena. Collins is super amazing! I'm excited about the upcoming Catching Fire movie. The ending is such a cliffhanger. This really deserves 5 out of 5 noodles.
Favorite quote/s:
“I wish I could freeze this moment, right here, right now and live in it forever.”   
“My nightmares are usually about losing you. I'm okay once I realize you're here.”  
“The bird, the pin, the song, the berries, the watch, the cracker, the dress that burst into flames. I am the mockingjay. The one that survived despite the Capitol's plans. The symbol of the rebellion.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment