HIATUS. HIATUS. HIATUS. HIATUS. HIATUS.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #1


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Ten by Gretchen McNeil
Publication Date: September 18th 2012 by Balzer + Bray
And their doom comes swiftly.

It was supposed to be the weekend of their lives—an exclusive house party on Henry Island. Best friends Meg and Minnie each have their reasons for being there (which involve T.J., the school’s most eligible bachelor) and look forward to three glorious days of boys, booze and fun-filled luxury.

 But what they expect is definitely not what they get, and what starts out as fun turns dark and twisted after the discovery of a DVD with a sinister message: Vengeance is mine.

Suddenly people are dying, and with a storm raging, the teens are cut off the from the outside world. No electricity, no phones, no internet, and a ferry that isn’t scheduled to return for two days. As the deaths become more violent and the teens turn on each other, can Meg find the killer before more people die? Or is the killer closer to her than she could ever imagine?

Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff
Publication Date: September 1st 2012 by Tor UK
A DYING LAND: The Shima Imperium verges on the brink of environmental collapse; decimated by clockwork industrialization and the machine-worshipers of the Lotus Guild. The skies are red as blood, land choked with toxic pollution, wildlife ravaged by mass extinctions.

AN IMPOSSIBLE QUEST: The hunters of Shima's imperial court are charged by their Shōgun to capture a thunder tiger – a legendary beast, half-eagle, half-tiger. But any fool knows thunder tigers have been extinct for more than a century, and the price of failing the Shōgun is death.

A SIXTEEN YEAR OLD GIRL: Yukiko is a child of the Fox clan, possessed of a hidden gift that would see her executed by the Lotus Guild. Accompanying her father on the Shōgun’s hunt, she finds herself stranded: a young woman alone in Shima’s last wilderness, with only a furious, crippled thunder tiger for company. Even though she can hear his thoughts, even though she saved his life, all she knows for certain is he’d rather see her dead than help her.

But together, the pair will form an indomitable friendship, and rise to challenge the might of an empire.


What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang
Publication Date: September 18th 2012 by Harper
Eva and Addie started out the same way as everyone else—two souls woven together in one body, taking turns controlling their movements as they learned how to walk, how to sing, how to dance. But as they grew, so did the worried whispers. Why aren’t they settling? Why isn’t one of them fading? The doctors ran tests, the neighbors shied away, and their parents begged for more time. Finally Addie was pronounced healthy and Eva was declared gone. Except, she wasn’t…


For the past three years, Eva has clung to the remnants of her life. Only Addie knows she’s still there, trapped inside their body. Then one day, they discover there may be a way for Eva to move again. The risks are unimaginable–hybrids are considered a threat to society, so if they are caught, Addie and Eva will be locked away with the others. And yet…for a chance to smile, to twirl, to speak, Eva will do anything.

33 comments:

  1. Ahh! All three books are such great choices! (Did you notice all three are published in Sepetember? Haha. Just a freaky coincidence for ya ;D)

    Awesome picks!

    My WOW

    New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I didn't notice that these books will be published in September. :)

      Thank you for following! :)

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world :) I'm a new follower via GFC!

    And I love your choices! They're all on my to-read list :)

    Stop by my WOW and follow back?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choices! I'm SOOO excited about Ten. It sounds so good and creepy, my kind of book! :) I haven't heard of Stormdancer before, so thanks for sharing. I'm definitely adding that one to my TBR. Love the cover for What's Left of Me!

    Pam | jelly loves books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited about Ten, too. It really sounds creepy and I like horror stories! The cover of What's Left of Me is so gorgeous, right? :)

      Delete
  4. I absolutely can't wait on all three of them. What's Left of Me probably the most - I love the storyline and dystopian novels always get my complete interest. :D

    Aleksandra and her WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think What's Left of Me is good, I like dystopian novels. I can't wait to read it! :))

      Delete
  5. I've heard a lot of people talk about Ten, and I have to admit I'm definitely looking forward to it as well. Great pick!

    Check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ten sounds interesting and creepy, and I'm so excited to read it.

      Delete
  6. I haven't heard of "What's Left of Me" before- I'll definitely add that to my list. Makes me wonder if it was inspired by the comedy "All of Me" that featured Steve Martin and Lilly Tomlin sharing one body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I don't know that movie. Maybe Kat Zhang got the idea of the book in that movie. :D

      Delete
  7. Stormdancer is right up my alley!

    Thanks for dropping by our WoW & I'm a new follower too :)

    Talk Supe WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that there are ninjas in Stormdancer, it sounds exciting to read! :)

      Thanks for following! :)

      Delete
  8. Great choices! I'm dying to read What's Left of Me.

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Doodle @ Doodle's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Twin W.O.W's :) This definitely sounds awesome!

    Shana @ Sizzling Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ten has caught my eye, good choices.

      http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday_25.html

      Delete
  10. Ten & What's left of me.
    The whole concept and the creepy cover of Ten :D
    And the fascinating story about two souls, yeah, count me in.

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday-11-lara-avery.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ten and What's Left of Me sounds really great. Stormdancer sounds great, too. :))

      Delete
  11. I cannot wait for TEN !!!!!! I really want to read it :) Thanks for sharing!! My WoW is http://ilovebooksclub101.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm really looking forward to Ten. I haven't heard of Stormdancer or What's Left of Me, but they both sound great. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great picks! Ten sounds really mysterious and creepy! I love mysteries especially when a bunch of teens are stuck on a island with a murderer. I'm also waiting on What's Left of Me. It sounds so interesting that everyone is born with two souls and then one fades?! Crazy! Can't wait! Thanks for visiting My WOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's Left of Me sounds really interesting! :))

      Delete
  14. These all sounds really good! but Ten stands out the most to me! Creepy! Can't wait :)
    Thanks for stopping by my post too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think all the readers are excited to read Ten. :D

      Delete
  15. Awesome picks :D Ten seems like an great book ;)
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't want to wait until September. I'll go to the publisher and ask them to release it tomorrow! LOL. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome picks! I'm super excited to read all three!

    Thanks for stopping by. I'm a new follower!
    :) Aeicha @ Word Spelunking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am excited to read them all, too.

      Thanks for following! :D

      Delete